I’m a self-confessed productivity slag. If there’s an app or tool that could potentially make my life easier, I’m keen to try it. Often – and ironically – at the expense of actually staying productive.

There are a ton of task management tools fighting for your to-do list. Some are free, some are paid. Some let you manage simple chores like your grocery list, others are industrial-scale monsters that could be used to manage an entire organisation, or my balls.

In my opinion, too many options is the downfall of many productivity apps on the market. I don’t want to have to *think* when I add a task to my to-do list. I’m pretty OCD so a complicated system is just going to result in me spending more time managing my tasks, and less time working on them – which let’s face it, is already the scourge of affiliate marketers worldwide.

Anyway, my favourite tool is Producteev. It falls in to the free category. No monies required for individual users.

If you haven’t tried this thing, I highly recommend it. It can make a real difference to your work output, as well as your general stress levels and likelihood of having a mental breakdown on Monday morning (or in our case, Friday evening).

Like many task management tools, Producteev is based on the ‘Getting Things Done’ system by David Allen. If you haven’t read his book, you might want to pick up that first. It’s packed with awesome tips for regaining control of your workspace and learning to prioritise.

The idea of using Producteev is that it should track not only your work projects, but every single project that you are working on in your life.

That could be learning a new language, arranging a trip abroad, or even taking your girlfriend to Prague.

I guess it somewhat removes the romance when you consider a couple’s getaway to be a ‘project’ in your workspace. But sod it, I’ve never been a whimsical kinda guy. If the price of my sanity is treating my loved ones as blots in a task management calendar, that’s perfectly acceptable to me.

One of the reasons why I prefer Producteev over tools like Omnifocus, Nirvana and Things (all similar and occasionally great apps) is because it lets me keep up to speed with my tasks on the move. Producteev has an Android app, whereas its rivals are seemingly wedged somewhere up Apple’s arse.

If you aren’t using Producteev already, sign up and take it for a spin. You might like it.

If you have any cool productivity app suggestions, I’d love to hear them. In fact I’ll probably waste my entire weekend on them.
Kevin Reviewed by Kevin on . Amazing Productivity Tool Try For Free! https://dj2unr9f0jqhk.cloudfront.net/staticwebapp/version_105/bundles/producteevweb/images/home/hero-web.png I’m a self-confessed productivity slag. If there’s an app or tool that could potentially make my life easier, I’m keen to try it. Often – and ironically – at the expense of actually staying productive. There are a ton of task management tools fighting for your to-do list. Some are free, some are paid. Some let you manage simple chores like your grocery list, others are Rating: 5