Due to popular demand this case study is going to cover coreg paths and building your own email submit.

However , it’s not only limited to that. During this case study I have also split tested :

1 – Running an email submit from an aff network vs running your own lander with a coreg path as the backend
2 – SilverPath vs GameTheory as the backend
3 – TrafficVance vs LI for sending traffic
4 – Advertiser’s email submit lander vs lander tuned for optimal conversions.

For this campaign I took the identical landing page of a Walmart $1000 Gift Card email submit and plugged a coreg path in the backend.
The paths I used were from SilverPath and GameTheory.
To keep things simple I bid only on walmart.com and walmart ( yeah I know , very creative [Wink] ).
Before sending the users through the path , I captured their email ( even though I ended not monetizing the list I built).
I ran this campaign for 2 days and each day I split tested different elements.

Day 1
——–

The first day I wanted to see the difference between sending traffic to the email submit offer and to the exact same lp but with a coreg on the backend.

The flow for my landing page was Walmart Lander (Step 1) -> Data Collecting Page (Step 2) -> Coreg (Step 3)

Here are the pages :

Walmart Lander (Step 1) :

Data Collecting Page (Step 2) – Copied from Email Submit direclty :

Coreg Path (Step 3)

The first day I sent traffic only from LeadImpact and I split 50% to the email submit and 50% to my lp.

Here are the stats :

Walmart Email Submit :

Views : 1850
Leads : 9
Revenue : $13.5
Spent : $37
NET : -$23.5
ROI : -63%

My Coreg Lander :

Views : 1782
Clicks through lp ( = emails captured ) : 70
LP CTR : 3.9%
Revenue : $45
Cost : $35
NET : $10
ROI : 29%

As you can see , two conclusions can be drawn from the data collected the first day :

1 – Emails submits scrub like hell! For the same traffic , my own page captured 70 emails while the network showed only 9 leads.
This means they weren’t counting 88% of my leads!!

2 – Running your own offers on the backend makes it more flexible and you can tweak every little setting to maximize profits ( what I did on day 2)

Day 2
———-

Since from the first day I found that running the path on the backend was more profitable I cut off the email submit and switched all traffic to my LP.

On the second day I also added TrafficVance to the mix and tweaked the lander to try to maximize profits from it.

What I wanted to test here was :

1 – TrafficVance vs LI
2 – SilverPath vs GameTheory
3 – ROI after tweaking the landing page.

On the first step of the lander I added sound ( You are today’s walmart winner blah blah blah) and an alert box. Here’s how it looked like :

Also , thanks to a guy named Lorenzo and his photoshop skillz , I changed the second step of the path.

It looked like the first step and adding the lead collection form on it.

Here’s a screenshot :

After the second day here are the stats :

LeadImpact :

Views : 7129
Clicks : 332
LP CTR : 4.7%
Revenue : $260.32
Cost : $171.1
NET : $89
ROI : 52%

TrafficVance :

Views : 3500
Clicks : 128
LP CTR : 3.6%
Revenue : $117.08
Cost : $87
NET : $30
ROI : 35%

GameTheory’s RPU : $1.02
SilverPath’s RPY : $0.80

So after the second day it was clear that the tweaks we made to the landing page improved the ROI from 29% to 52%. Quite a significant improvement.

LeadImpact performed better than TrafficVance ( keep in mind this is not absolute but varies from niche to niche).

Also , from the split test it came out that GameTheory outperformed Silverpath ( even though I still feel 2 days and about $500 of revenue are not enough to choose the real winner )

Finally it’s worth mentioning that during 2 days I was able to collect 530 email addresses that I could have monetized somehow.

Ah , I nearly forgot , I made an additional 11 leads (= $16.5 ) from another walmart submit that I placed as the exit url of the path.

[CONCLUSIONS]

Running your own email submit with a backend is much more stable and profitable in the long run.

The aim of this case study wasn’t to make it profitable ( even though it profited about $150 in 2 days = about $2k / month ).

Being more creative than promoting a walmart gift card on walmart.com could make you some big numbers.

The possibilities are endless as you can optimize it much more that I did.

Finally , this is very scalable. You can basically create any offer you want ( email submits , quizzes etc) without getting scrubbed!

That’s it folks. If you have questions feel free to post here and don’t forget the green thanks button
Kevin Reviewed by Kevin on . Banking with Coreg Paths https://cdn.pixabay.com/photo/2015/06/28/09/36/email-824310__340.jpg Due to popular demand this case study is going to cover coreg paths and building your own email submit. However , it’s not only limited to that. During this case study I have also split tested : 1 – Running an email submit from an aff network vs running your own lander with a coreg path as the backend 2 – SilverPath vs GameTheory as the backend Rating: 5