Disclaimer
This might and will eat up your GPU and this will result in higher electrical bills. Make sure that what ever computer or rig that you are using has proper cooling and a proper power supply that can handle high long term loads. I have not coded the miner that I use in this guide nor have I got anything to do with the pool.

Intro
First of all I want to say that I'll keep this extremely basic, no extra mumbo-jumbo or confusing herp-derps. I'll keep this as simple as possible.

It took me a good while to find a good working miner and a crypto that's actually worth mining. Some are worth close to nothing while some are "too hard" to get. After a few weeks of googling and testing I came to the conclusion that Etherium is the most profitable (at least for me). I have all the basic stuff at home running 24/7 in addition to two PC's that are always on (one is mining), two laptops of which one is always on and then a bunch of other stuff that eats tons of electricity. My bill stands at 130€ for 3 months (for everything) and during those 3 months earn roughly 180-200€ by mining. Before you start mining you should check if it's actually profitable for you and for this there's some calculators here and there on ze web.
Profitability calculator

In this guide I'll show n tell you how to use Claymores Dualminer (in Windows 10) simply because that's the one I use and that's the one that have worked the best of all the ones that I have tested. Most of the miners that I have tested get blocked or even removed/quarantined but this one doesn't, however you might get a popup asking if you want to give the miner access to the interwebz.

The pool that you'll be mining in will send the Etherium your way automatically. I got my first payment after roughly three weeks and currently I get my payments almost on a weekly basis.

Requirements:
- ETH wallet
- GPU with 3Gb VRAM (or more) this is based on the size of the dag file
- Miner software
- Stable internet connection

Notes:
- Make sure that you have the latest drivers.
- This does not work on any Intel HD graphicscards, this is for AMD/nVidia only.
- From what I have found an old AMD R9 390 is a better miner than a brand new GTX 1080

Step 1 - Get an Etherium wallet
Personally I have my ETH wallet in my phone and for that I use an app called "Jaxx". It's available on both Android and iOS so it's easy n fast to get n setup. If you don't have a wallet yet then this is where you need to start.
Jaxx

Step 2 - Get the miner
For this we'll be using Claymore's Dual Miner, with it you can mine two different cryptos at the same time however I won't be going in to any sorts of details on the 2nd alternative crypto miner since it wasn't profitable for me I doubt that it'll be for you. Anyhow, here's what you need.
Claymore's Dual Miner - download (github)
(if you are unsure of what and how to download then you can always grab the one that I use from my OneDrive)

Step 3 - Fix the settings
Once you have downloaded and extracted the miner (anywhere, I have it under C:\eth\) you'll need to edit one file - start_eth.bat.
Just open the file in notepad and remember to save it once you have done the following changes:
- add your wallet.
- give the miner a name.
- use the pool closest to you, the list below is what was available as of writing this.

Pools (source):
North America (East): us1.ethermine.org:4444 or us1.ethermine.org:14444
North America (West): us2.ethermine.org:4444 or us2.ethermine.org:14444
Europe (France): eu1.ethermine.org:4444 or eu1.ethermine.org:14444
Asia: asia1.ethermine.org:4444 or asia1.ethermine.org:14444

Example (my settings):
Quote:setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethermine.org:14444 -ewal 0xe202b87f3474f15d65873ec5b6bbb160110614ec.Worker -epsw x
If you download the miner from my dropbox and don't change these settings you will be mining for me!

Step 4 - Mine that Etherium
To mine all you need to do is double-click on start_eth.bat and keep the miner up window open. If you close the window then you close the miner too. That's it, really.
You can follow your mining progress here (link to my miners as an example): https://www.ethermine.org/miners/e202b87...60110614ec (change the url so that it has your wallet there without the two first letters, in my case that was "0x").

If you have several computers or rigs that you want to mine on then you can simply just do this all over again however you don't need to make any more wallets. For each mining computer/rig that you use you should set a different name.

Tips:
- If you mine on your main computer then you'll want to change the windows settings so that all visual effects are disabled and lower the resolution as low as it goes.
- Change the power settings so that windows doesn't go in to sleep or anything other like that. Also change the power settings to that the HDD's never turn off.
- Create a shortcut to start_eth.bat and place that shortcut here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp (from here on out the miner will start at the same time as the computer starts (logs in to windows)).
- This miner should be able to handle multiple GPU's, this means that if you have for example two GPU's in your computer then this miner will use both (as long as they fill the requirements).
EasyMoney Reviewed by EasyMoney on . How to mine Etherium [NOOB FRIENDLY] Disclaimer This might and will eat up your GPU and this will result in higher electrical bills. Make sure that what ever computer or rig that you are using has proper cooling and a proper power supply that can handle high long term loads. I have not coded the miner that I use in this guide nor have I got anything to do with the pool. Intro First of all I want to say that I'll keep this extremely basic, no extra mumbo-jumbo or confusing herp-derps. I'll keep this as simple as Rating: 5